Steak in a Sack Well Done in Fire

  • Join our boat club! Full-service marina.

Steak in a Sack burned to a crisp in Charlotte Hall Md on Sept. 4, 2017

Steak in a Sack Well Done in Fire

Small business
destroyed by fire

CHARLOTTE HALL, MD. – Maryland Fire Marshal’s pinpointed the cause of a fire which burned a Charlotte Hall sub and sandwich shop to a crisp, as oily rags setting off spontaneous combustion.

The fire at the Steak in a Sack located in a former 7-Eleven store on the northbound side of Rt. 5 at Golden Beach Road was noticed by passersby at 9:41 pm on Sept. 4, 2017.  The Mechanicsville Vol. Fire Department responded with 35 firefighters and doused the fire in about 25 minutes.

The fire began in a container of oil-soaked rags under the counter in the kitchen, say investigators. The damage was estimated to be $75,000 to the building and $25,000 to the contents, reports the Maryland State Fire Marshal.

Spread the love