Redneck Robbery Roulette
They had no favorites and robbed them all
NEW CASTLE, DEL. – A pair of alleged dirtbags told store clerks they had a gun and demanded money, making away with cash and loot from thirteen convenience stores, which were convenient to them, in New Castle, Delaware.
Delaware State Police reports that they have arrested two people and charged them in connection with multiple robberies that they have committed in New Castle County over the past three weeks.
On Tuesday, May 24, 2016, at approximately 2:25 p.m., troopers arrested Mark A. Mulrooney, 36, of New Castle, DE, as he was exiting the 7-11, located at 60 S. Gerald Drive, Newark, which he had just robbed. Troopers were also able to take Jessica Hetzler, 29, of Chester, PA, into custody as she sat in a vehicle a short distance away, waiting for Mulrooney.
Mulrooney and Hetzler were both arrested and transported to Troop 2, Glasgow, where after further investigation, Delaware State Police Robbery Unit detectives were able link them to a series of robberies of gas stations and convenience stores in Wilmington and New Castle which began on May 8, 2016. In each of the incidents Mark Mulrooney would enter the targeted business and confront the store clerk, implying that he was armed. He would then demand cash from the store register and after receiving the money, would exit the store and flee the area in a waiting vehicle. Detectives were able to determine that Jessica Hetzler drove Mulrooney in three of the incidents. There were no injuries in any of the robberies.
Mark Mulrooney was charged by Detectives with four counts of Robbery 1st Degree, ten counts of Robbery 2nd Degree, two counts of Conspiracy 2nd degree, one count of Attempted Robbery 1st degree, and one count of Shoplifting. He was arraigned at JP Court 2 and committed to the Howard Young Correctional Institution for lack of $154,000.00 cash and $1,000.00 secured bail.
Jessica Hetzler was charged by Detectives with one count of Robbery 1st Degree, one count of Robbery 2nd degree, and two counts of Conspiracy 2nd degree. She was also arraigned at JP 2 and committed to the Delores Baylor Correctional Institution for lack of $29,000.00 secured bail.
Detectives were able to link Mulrooney and Hetzler to the following robberies:
- Sunoco, 1201 N. DuPont Highway, New Castle, Sunday, May 8, 2016.
- 7-11, 4865 Governor Printz Boulevard, Wilmington, Sunday, May 8, 2016.
- Valero, 891 S. DuPont Highway, New Castle, Sunday, May 8, 2016.
- Exxon, 1801 Foulk Road, Wilmington, Monday, May 9, 2016.
- 7-11, 284 Christiana Road, New Castle, Sunday, May 15, 2016.
- Shell, 299 Christiana Road, New Castle, Monday, May 16, 2016.
- Dash In, 400 Pulaski Highway, New Castle, Monday, May 16, 2016.
- BP, 601 N. DuPont Highway, New Castle, Monday, May 16, 2016.
- BP, 601 N. DuPont Highway, New Castle, Tuesday, May 17, 2016.
- Dash In, 288 Christiana Road, New Castle, Wednesday, May 18, 2016.
- Market Place, 752 W. Basin Road, New Castle, Thursday, May 19, 2016.
- BP, 601 N. DuPont Highway, New Castle, Saturday, May 21, 2016.
- Gulf, 752 W. Basin Road, New Castle, Sunday, May 22, 2016.