COMPTON, MD. — Fire destroyed a home in the small community of St. Clements Shores on Sunday, Dec. 14th injuring the owner of the home.
According to Deputy Fire Marshal Brenneman, the owner, Ruth Stewart, 91, accidentally left unattended grease on the stove causing a fire. Ms. Stewart made several attempts to extinguish the fire, but was unsuccessful. Ms. Stewart was transported to the St. Mary’s Hospital due to smoke inhalation.
Fire departments from Hollywood and the Seventh District assisted Leonardtown VFD in extinguishing the blaze. The house was destroyed by the fire and the victim will be assisted by family.
- Maryland State Fire Marshal Seeks Eric White in Waldorf Arson of Family Home While All Were Inside
- Nightclub plans of cigar lounge go up in smoke when license pulled by Fire Marshal
- Up in Smoke: refrigerator blamed for this fire, but prior fire at Flag Ponds Park was due to vandals
- Home in remote location on country road destroyed by fire