Maryland State Police Beat / James O’Grady found dead in his backyard pond

  • Join our boat club! Full-service marina.

Maryland State Police Beat / James O’Grady found dead in his backyard pond

THE CHESAPEAKE TODAY now on Amazon Kindle – FREE for Kindle Unlimited customers, on newsstands in Maryland, Delaware and Virginia.

UPDATE: Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2017, 1:22 pm — The spokesman for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner of Maryland reports that the case of the death of James O’Grady is still under investigation and that there is no anticipated time or date of the release of the results of the autopsy.

(MECHANICSVILLE, MD) – Maryland State Police report that investigators at the Leonardtown Barrack that the body of James Carlin O’Grady of Mechanicsville, Md., was found in a pond behind his home on Feb. 25, 2017.  The Maryland investigators report that they are investigating the cause of his death.

Police say that O’Grady was pronounced deceased at the scene which is a small pond accessed only by his property. The pond has a gazebo located adjacent to the small pond along with a short pier.

The cause and manner of death have not yet been determined. Investigators hope an autopsy to be conducted at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore will provide additional information.

No cause of death was immediately obvious to investigators.  No one has been arrested or charged with any crimes at this time.

At approximately 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 25, 2017, a family member of the deceased called 9-1-1 to report the 53-year-old man missing. He was later found in a large pond in the backyard of his home.

State Police investigators from the Criminal Enforcement Division Central South Region are conducting the investigation.  If anyone has information relevant to this case, please contact the Leonardtown Barrack at 301-475-8955.

O’Grady had been the complainant in a case of assault in which the defendants; Roger Lee Plumley, Charles Raymond Saunders and Keith Andrews Saunders each entered a guilty plea in St. Mary’s District Court on Dec. 14, 1994. All three men were given sixty days in jail with the jail time suspended.


Spread the love