PGPD Investigates Shooting by Security Guard in College Park; Charges against One Suspect Could Send Back to Prison for Ten Years

Police BeatCOLLEGE PARK, MD. — The Prince George’s County Police Department is investigating a shooting by a security guard that occurred over the weekend in College Park. Three men involved in the encounter have been charged.  They are identified as 22-year-old Clarence Kirksey-Walcott, of the 7000 block of Woodside Drive in Lanham, 21-year-old Thair Walker, of the 5500 block of Lake Ridge Terrace in Bowie, and 22-year-old Dion Conley, of the 11100 block of Georgia Avenue in Silver Spring.

On October 19, 2014, at about 2:50 am, patrol officers were called to the McDonald’s in the 8300 block of Baltimore Avenue for a shooting. When officers arrived, they found a woman suffering from a gunshot wound to her wrist.

The preliminary investigation reveals a security guard working at the fast food restaurant asked three men and a woman to leave due to their disruptive behavior. The group refused to leave, and one of the men began fighting with the security guard.  During the struggle, the security guard fired his duty weapon, striking the woman.  She was transported to a hospital where she remains in good condition.

Kirksey-Walcott was arrested, and faces charges of second-degree assault and disorderly conduct. Walker and Conley were both charged with disorderly conduct.  Additional charges may be filed in this ongoing investigation.

Anyone with information on this incident is asked to call the Regional Investigation Division – Northern Region at (301) 937-0910. Callers wishing to remain anonymous may call Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477), text “PGPD plus your message” to CRIMES (274637) on your cell phone, or go to and submit a tip online.

Kirksey-Walcott, who had an address of 831 8th Street in the District, entered a guilty plea to burglary in Prince Georges County Circuit Court on March 29, 2013 after withdrawing a plea of not guilty.  On June 4, 2013, Judge McKee sentenced Kirksey-Walcott to prison for a period of ten years with all but one day suspended and probation for a period of two years.  Since Kirksey-Walcott has back up time which can send him off to the slammer for ten years, the charges against him from the incident in McDonalds are extremely serious.

  • Join our boat club! Full-service marina.

Spread the love