Elderly woman trapped in fire died at hospital

Reisterstown Vol Fire CompanyFinksburg, Maryland (October 10, 2014) – A team of deputies from the Office of the State Fire
Marshal are investigating a fatal fire this evening in Finksburg. The fire claimed the life of
Cynthia Frock, 82.

Frock was discovered by firefighters on the main floor of the home in the kitchen. She was treated and transported by ambulance to Carroll Hospital Center where she succumbed to her injuries from the fire.

Fire Marshal’s report that Frock resided in the home along with her grandson Robert
Vecera. Vecera was not home at the time of the fire.

The fire at 2100 Woodview Road was discovered by a neighbor who reported it to 911 at 5:16 PM. The
single family home is described as a one story wood framed ranch with a basement.

Twenty-five firefighters  controlled  the  fire  in  about  twenty  minutes.  Responders  from  Reese,  Gamber,
 Hampstead, Reisterstown, Glyndon, and Westminster EMS responded to the one alarm fire.

Investigators determined that the fire originated in the basement of the home. It was caused by a
failure of a wall mounted propane heater. The fire then spread to nearby combustibles. A smoke
alarm was found inside of the home but investigators have not confirmed if it activated during the
fire. Damages to the home and its contents are estimated to exceed $75,000.

Troopers from the Maryland State Police Criminal Investigations Division are also assisting with the death
investigation.

The victim will be transported to the Office of the Medical Examiner in Baltimore for determination of the cause of death.

  • Frock was discovered by firefighters on the main floor of the home in the kitchen. She was treated and transported by ambulance to Carroll Hospital Center where she succumbed to her injuries from the fire.

 

Spread the love