Washington, DC (Sept. 24, 2014) — The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) today announced the start of DC Streetcar’s “Pre-Revenue Operations” phase—a crucial milestone for DC Streetcar as it continues prepping the system to be certified safe to carry passengers. System Integration Testing and Operator Training is wrapping up now, and Pre-Revenue Operations is anticipated to begin Monday, September 29.
- Streetcars share the roadways, but cannot veer around vehicles.
- Vehicles, including delivery trucks, should be sure to park within the lines and use designated loading zones. The Department of Public Works is now ticketing and towing vehicles that impede the path of the streetcar.
- Pedestrians, motorists and bicyclists should use caution as they travel through the corridor.
- Remember to “Look, Listen, Be Safe!” near streetcar vehicles at all times—look both ways and listen for the streetcar before stepping into the crosswalk.
- Never walk in front of a moving streetcar.
- Traffic and pedestrian signals exist for your safety—follow them to ensure your safety.