DWI HIT PARADE / Maryland State Police Princess Anne Barracks October 2017 DUI Arrests
PRINCESS ANNE, MD. — The Maryland State Police Barrack Commander Lieutenant Patrick Metzger reports the following persons were arrested and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs during the month of October 2017:
- Ronald Earl Groton 3rd, 19, of 1406 Arbutus Drive, Salisbury, Md., by Trooper P. Zimmerman on Oct. 1, 2017, at 12:09 am. Groton’s attorney is John Kelvin Phoebus, of Salisbury, Md.
- REPEAT OFFENDER: Floyd Thomas Bivens, 51, of 9455 Granby Street Apt. 7, Norfolk, Va., on Oct. 5, 2017, at 11:59 pm by Trooper Townsend. Bivens was arrested for DWI on Dec. 4, 2009, by Maryland State Trooper J. Pruitt on Crisfield Lane southbound at Edgehill Terrace. In a plea deal with Somerset County States Attorney Dan Powell, Bivens was given Probation Before Judgement on Oct. 6, 2011. THE DEAL: No jail time and a fine of $250.00.
- Shykela Renee Smith, 26, of 611 S 12th Street, Philadelphia, Penn., was arrested by Trooper Townsend on Oc.t 7, 2017 at 2:10 am while operating a 2013 Nissan Maxima on Rt.413 south of Cullen Parkway.
- Fredric Ronald Sawyer, 81, of 803 Walnut Street, Pocomoke City, Md. When Sawyer was born, President Franklin D. Roosevelt was still in his first of four terms as President. Sawyer was arrested by Trooper M. Chatham on Oct. 7, 2017, at 3:59 pm as he operated a 2014 Toyota southbound on US 13 at Quail Lane. No prior DWI arrests are recorded in court online records. He is set to appear in Somerset District Court on Nov. 21, 2017.
- REPEAT OFFENDER: Aaron Dean Johnson, 43, of 5821 Harry Burton Road, Marion Station, Md., was arrested by Trooper M. Carey on Oct. 14, 2017, at 12:18 am as he operated 2011 Kia northbound on Rt. 413 south of Holland Crossing Road. Julie Guyer has entered an appearance as his attorney. Johnson was arrested for DWI by Crisfield Police Officer Hoover on Feb. 25, 2015. In a plea deal with Somerset States Attorney Dan Powell on April 16, 2015, Johnson entered a guilty plea. THE DEAL: No jail time and a fine of $250.00 with a verdict of Probation Before Judgement.
- Rudi Marino Ochoa Merida, 46, of 4939 Beauregard St. Apt. 103, Alexandria, Va., arrested by Trooper Townsend on Oct. 23, 2017, at 4:52 pm while northbound on US 13 at King Miller Rd.
- Devin Percell Little, 41, of 30650 Hampden Ave. Apt. B, Princess Anne, Md., arrested by Trooper K. Elmore on Oct. 26, 2017, at 10:47 pm., in a 2012 Ford E 150 while westbound on Post Office Road at Freetown.
- Marion Franziska Dunnuck, 62, of Fairmont, Md.
- REPEAT OFFENDER: Arthur Roosevelt Waters, 55, 111367 Brownstone Road, Princess Anne, Md., arrested by Trooper Ballard on Oct. 29, 2017, at 12:43 am on Deal Island Road at Robyn Lane while operating a 1999 Volkswagen Beetle. Waters was arrested on Aug 7, 2007, while driving while intoxicated in the same location as he was ten years later, that time by Trooper B. Wagner. In a plea deal with the Somerset County States Attorney on Nov. 13, 2007, Waters entered a guilty plea. THE DEAL: 60 days in jail with 50 days suspended and a fine of ZERO.