Spotsylvania Sheriff Police Beat / He fought the law and the law won
FREDERICKSBURG, VA. – Spotsylvania County Sheriff Roger L. Harris announced the arrest of Robert Paul Hardee, 30 of Fredericksburg, VA- charging him with 2 counts of Assault on a Law Enforcement Officer, Grand Larceny of a motor vehicle, Destruction of Property >$1000, Resisting Arrest and Driving while suspended. Robert is currently being held without bond at the Rappahannock Regional Jail.
Sheriff Harris reports that on March 23, 2017, at approximately 10:00 am, Deputies responded to the 1700 block of Hudgins Farm Circle for a report of a motor vehicle theft. During the interview of the victim, the stolen vehicle was spotted in the area. The Sheriff’s Deputies caught up to the vehicle, which had come to a stop nearby. The Deputies confirmed that the vehicle was stolen and then attempted to take Robert into custody. Robert became combative and assaulted two officers before they were able to gain control of him. Robert was placed under arrest and transported to the magistrate, where he was ordered to be held without bond.
Both officers were treated for minor injuries and returned to duty.
MURDER USA: Two violent criminals indicted in 2015 murder of Heather Ciccone
SPOTSYLVANIA, VA. – Two men with extensive criminal histories now have a new threshold of crime accomplished with both being indicted for the murder of a young woman that they allegedly shot in the back of the head after beating her to death and left her body in a parked car in December of 2015.
Sheriff Harris announced that on March 20, 2017, The Spotsylvania Sheriff’s Office along with the Spotsylvania Commonwealth Attorney’s Office presented the case to a Grand Jury. As a result of the testimony presented, Joshua Christopher Williams, 29, of Spotsylvania, Va. has been formally indicted for First Degree Murder, Conspiracy to Commit First Degree Murder and Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony. Jonathan Julian Vejarano, 28, of Spotsylvania, Va. was also charged with First Degree Murder, Conspiracy to Commit First Degree Murder, Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony and Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon. Both individuals are currently incarcerated at local regional jails.
Police say this indictment stemmed from the original incident on December 06, 2015, where the Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office received a call from a homeowner, who reported a suspicious vehicle parked at the end of their driveway. Patrol Units responded to the 10300 block of Piney Branch Rd. and located a Silver four-door car parked in the caller’s driveway, near the state maintained road.
Inside the vehicle, Deputies discovered a 21-year-old female, later identified as Heather Ciccone, of Spotsylvania. She was deceased from severe trauma to the upper body.
The Sheriff reports that for the past fifteen months Detectives have worked hard with the assistance of the several local jurisdictions to bring the case before a grand jury.
Since this is an ongoing investigation, police say that evidence presented to the Grand Jury would not be discussed with the public. Sheriff Roger Harris thanked the following agencies for their assistance and resources during this lengthy investigation.
- Spotsylvania Commonwealth’s Attorney’s Office
- Fredericksburg City Police Department
- Stafford County Sheriff’s Office
- King George County Sheriff’s Office
- Virginia State Police
Send Austin to Driver’s Education when he is done with jail
FREDERICKSBURG, VA. — More charges, perhaps those of driving while impaired or simply driving like a felonious idiot, allegedly may be placed against a Stafford man. Spotsylvania County Sheriff Roger L. Harris announced the arrest of Austin Grant Romagna, 20 of Stafford, VA., charging him with Felony Hit and Run and Reckless Driving.
On March 23, 2017, at approximately 5:00 pm, Deputies responded to the area of Jefferson Davis Hwy and Industrial Dr. in reference to a report of a Hit and Run vehicle crash. It was reported that a Red Nissan Titan struck a Red Jeep Cherokee and continued North on Jefferson Davis Hwy at a high rate of speed. Deputies canvassed the area and located the Red Nissan, which had crashed a final time in the City of Fredericksburg. Austin Romagna was identified as the driver of the Nissan and was subsequently arrested. Additional charges may be pending in Fredericksburg.
Spotsylvania Sheriff K9 apprehends CVS armed robbery suspect.
STAFFORD, VA. — Sheriff Roger L. Harris announced the arrest of Michael Barlow, 38 of Spotsylvania, charging him for the armed robbery of the CVS store, located on Tidewater Trail, on March 9, 2017, at approximately 7:00 pm.
Sheriff’s Deputies responded to the CVS store on Tidewater Trail, after being notified of the robbery by the E-911 dispatcher. The CVS clerk advised Deputies, upon arrival, that a male subject had entered the store, went to the pharmacy area and produced a large knife, demanding items from the pharmacy.
Sheriff Harris reports that CVS Store personnel complied with his request and he ran from the location, with a small amount of merchandise. Deputies immediately established a perimeter around the area and K9 Deputy Bill Wright with his partner “Hulk” was dispatched to the scene. K9 Hulk quickly located Barlow, hiding in a wood line nearby. He was taken into custody and the property taken from the store was recovered. He was subsequently charged with Robbery and Grand Larceny and was placed in the Rappahannock Regional Jail without bond.
Spotsylvania Sheriff reports the following Arrests Made March 23, 2017 – March 29, 2017
On 3/25/17, Deputy Fredericksen arrested Cynthia Leah Loving (32) of Spotsylvania County for larceny of beer from a Sunoco convenience store.
On 03/25/17, Deputy Baugh arrested Dante Broadway (36) of Spotsylvania for open warrants for Felony Larceny, conspire to commit larceny, and Conspire alter price.
On 03/24/17, Deputy D. Setlock arrested Eli Walkup (40) of Spotsylvania for domestic assault and resisting arrest.
On 3/25/17, Deputy Fredericksen arrested Edward Ferguson (32) of Spotsylvania County for Domestic Violence in the area of Breezewood.
On 03/25/2017, First Sergeant Chambers arrested Peter Therrien (57) of Spotsylvania for Assault and Battery and Destruction of Property in the 4700 Block of Holly Dr.
On 03/25/2017, Deputy Brown arrested Johnathan Hill (30) of Spotsylvania for outstanding warrants for Strangulation and Assault and Battery of a Family Member.
On 3/27/17, Deputy Jurgens arrested Norman Eugene White III, 29), of Spotsylvania County for DUI in the area of Dickerson Rd. and Lewiston Rd.
On 3/23/17, Deputy Plunkett arrested Antoine Barnes (30) of Stafford for PWID marijuana and Shanique Johnson (26) of King George was arrested for PWID marijuana and possession of cocaine.
On 3/23/17, Deputy Wright charged Alexander Loatman (29) of Stafford with possession of marijuana after a traffic stop near Mine Rd and Jeff Davis Hwy.
On 3/25/17, Deputy Jurgens arrested Dustin Lee Payne (28) of Spotsylvania County for possession Schedule I/II drugs and Driving while suspended in the area of Tidewater Plains.
On 3/25/17, Deputy Hansinger charged Charles Chunn (25) of Fredericksburg with possession of marijuana pursuant to traffic stop on Lafayette Blvd.
On 3/26/17, Deputy Hansinger arrested John Redding (30) of Spotsylvania County for possession Schedule I/ II drugs and Tabatha Weathers (30) of Spotsylvania County was arrested for possession Schedule I/II drugs and Paraphernalia.
On 03/25/17, Deputy Setlock arrested Nicholas Fisher (23) of Spotsylvania and Tom Weir Jr,(33) of Orange for Possession of a Schedule I or II Drug and Possession of Controlled Paraphernalia.
On 3/27/17, Deputy Munsee arrested Christopher Brown (26) of Woodbridge for possession of Marijuana, Obstruction, and several traffic violations after a traffic stop on Orange Plank Rd.
On 03/25/17, Deputy Baugh arrested Javier Amaya (39) of Spotsylvania in the 11300 block of Bath Court for a Capias for failure to pay child support.
On 03/25/17, Deputy Hodges arrested Annastanzia Grimes (28) of Spotsylvania for an open warrant for Failure to appear in court in the 4500 block of Massaponax Church Road.
On 03/25/17, Deputy Davies arrested Shawn Howard (46) of Spotsylvania in the 100 block of Jeans Drive for warrants through Fredericksburg City for Felony Unauthorized Use.
On 3/26/17, Deputy Staats arrested Tharthur Myers II (24) of Spotsylvania County for appearing Drunk in Public.
On 03/29/2017, Deputy Northrup charged Ana Padilla De Pena (39) of Spotsylvania, with Fraudulent Use of a Birth Certificate, No Valid OL, and Failure to Obey a Traffic Light.
Arrests Made March 17, 2017 – March 23, 2017
– On 03/19/2017, Deputy Buccola arrested Robert Tesla Beagle-Huber (18) of Spotsylvania, for Grand Larceny of a vehicle in the 6700 Block of Courthouse Road.
– On 03/22/17, Deputy Munsee arrested Archibald Acquaah (61) and Jontue Richardson(32) both of Baltimore MD. They were charged with Conspiracy to commit grand larceny and grand larceny.
– On 03/20/17, Deputy S. Jurgens arrested Ellen Kraynak (51) of Spotsylvania County for DUID, Drive while suspended, and refusal to provide a breath sample. This incident occurred in the 10300 block of Meadowview Drive.
– On 03/17/17, Sr. Deputy F. Payne arrested Gerard A. Coleman (23) of Spotsylvania, for possession of marijuana and failure to maintain lane of travel in the area of Southpoint Parkway and Wakeman Drive.
– On 03/17/17, Sr. Deputy F. Payne arrested Charity N. Cacciatore (22) of Spotsylvania, for possession of cocaine and resisting arrest in the area of Southpoint Parkway and Wakeman Drive.
– On 03/18/17, Deputy M. Jones arrested Tammy L. Lowe, 32, of Spotsylvania, for possession of cocaine in the 3200 block of Lafayette Boulevard.
– On 03/19/17, Deputy M. Jones arrested Jessica R. Argenzio, 23, of Spotsylvania, for possession of heroin in the 8300 block of Furnace Road.
– On 03/19/2017, Deputy Polliard arrested Carlos Ariel Rosario(24) of Spotsylvania County for appearing Drunk in Public in the 11000 Block of Leavells Road.
– On 03/20/17, Deputy Perkins arrested Jessie Mills(30) of Spotsylvania on open Spotsylvania County warrants for Felony Fraud and Shoplifting in the area of Margo Rd/Wheeler Rd.
Arrests Made March 6, 2017 – March 12, 2017
On 3/10/17, Deputy Carnahan arrested Brian Baldwin, 48 of Culpeper, for Shoplifting from Wal-Mart.
On 3/6/17, Deputy Watson arrested Clorisa Delgado, 30 of Spotsylvania, for two outstanding arrest warrants from Spotsylvania for Assault and Battery, at the Magistrate’s office.
On 3/8/17, Deputy Schulz arrested Alina Savchenko, 20 of Spotsylvania, for Assault & Battery in the 100 Block of Lovett Drive.
On 3/9/17, Deputies arrested Michael Barlow, 38 of Spotsylvania, for Robbery and Grand Larceny at the CVS store on Tidewater Trail.
On 3/10/17, Deputy Munsee arrested Luis Haro, 48 of Spotsylvania, for an outstanding Assault and Battery warrant through Spotsylvania County, in the 6900 block of Lakeland Way.
On 3/12/17, Deputy Baugh arrested Noel Due, 36 of Fredericksburg, for Assault and Battery in the area of St. Patrick’s Church.
On 3/10/17, Sr. Deputy F. Payne, Jr. arrested Dominick J. Kelley, 23 of Spotsylvania, for Speeding and DUI in the area of the 125-mile marker on I-95 southbound.
On 3/11/17, Deputy Staats arrested Charles Knudsen, 24 of Spotsylvania, for DUI at the intersection of Jefferson Davis and Mills Dr.
On 3/6/17, Deputy Staats arrested Jeremy Kroell, 34 of Spotsylvania, for Possession Schedule I/II Narcotics, Possession of Marijuana, Expired Registration, Fictitious Registration, and Defective Equipment at the intersection of Gordon Rd. and Plank Rd.
On 3/7/17, Deputy Jurgens arrested Casey Irvin, 37 of Stafford, for Possession of Schedule I /II Narcotics, Possession of Marijuana, and Resisting Arrest at the Knights Inn.
On 3/7/17, Narcotics Detectives arrested Shawn Owens, 27 and Brooke Jenkins, 28 both from Spotsylvania, for Distribution of Schedule I/II Narcotics and Conspiracy to Distribute Schedule I/II Narcotics. The arrests occurred in the 1500 block of Heatherstone Dr.
On 3/10/17, Deputy Brown arrested Hiram Williams, 33 of Spotsylvania, for Possession of a Schedule II Narcotic and an outstanding warrant from Richmond.
On 3/12/17, Deputy Donnell arrested Michael Bowman, 38 of Spotsylvania, for Possession of Schedule I/II Narcotics and Paraphernalia in the area of McDonalds Southpoint.
On 3/7/17, Deputy Fredericksen arrested Robert Mills, 52 of Stafford, for outstanding warrants out of Stafford. The arrest occurred in the parking lot of the Knights Inn.
On 3/7/17, Deputy Jurgens arrested Jeremy Burrell, 28 of Caroline, on an open warrant through Essex County. The incident occurred at the Knights Inn.
On 3/7/17, Deputy Fredericksen arrested Andrew Karnes, 26 of Bedford, for Drunk in Public at the Holiday Inn Express.
On 3/8/17, Deputy Jurgens arrested Jeremy Williams, 35 of Spotsylvania, with Providing False ID to Law Enforcement after a traffic stop on Tidewater Trail. He was released on a summons.
On 3/8/17, Deputy J. O’Neill arrested Lavonya R. Davis, 45 of Spotsylvania, for Drunk in Public, Indecent Exposure, and Possession of Marijuana in the 4200 block of Plank Road.
On 3/11/17, Deputy Jurgens arrested Donald McPherron, 40 of Spotsylvania, for a warrant for Failure to Appear through Spotsylvania, in the 10900 block of Deerfield Dr.
On 3/11/17, Deputy Perkins arrested Melanie Castro, 37 of Spotsylvania, for Disorderly Conduct in the 11000 block of Westminster Court.
On 3/12/17, Deputy Munsee arrested Darryl Adams, 41 for an outstanding warrant from Spotsylvania County, in the 3500 block of Plank Rd.
On 3/12/17, Deputy Donnell arrested Angela Zipay, 32 of Spotsylvania, for Obstruction of Justice in the area of 4060 block of Massaponax Church Road.
On 3/12/17, Deputy Perkins arrested Brianna Knoff, 32 of Spotsylvania, on an open warrant, originating from Stafford County.
– On 2/21/17, Deputy Carnahan arrested David Harrison, Jr., 29 of no fixed address, for Shoplifting at Wal-Mart in Southpoint.
– On 2/22/17, Deputy Tavarez released Deshawn Rhamaj Suggs, 19 from Spotsylvania, on a Summons for Shoplifting in the 100 Block of Falcon Drive.
– On 2/22/17, Deputy Tavarez released Alvin Troy Byrd, 49 from Spotsylvania, on a Summons for Shoplifting in the 9700 Block of Jefferson Davis Highway.
– On 2/26/17, Deputy Fuller released Alexander Muralles Rodriguez, 28 of Stafford, on a summons for Shoplifting at Kohl’s.
– On 2/21/17, Deputy Staats arrested Lauren McDaniel, 25 from Spotsylvania, on a permitted warrant service on Henly Ct.
– On 2/22/17, Deputy W. Minor arrested Lee Hunter, 35 of Spotsylvania, for Assault in the 5300 block of Jefferson Davis Highway.
– On 2/24/17, Deputy Davies arrested Andrew Degroat, 25 of Spotsylvania, for Malicious Wound by chemical agent, Felony Destruction of Property and Assault and Battery in the 4400 block of Twilight Lane.
– On 2/25/17, Deputy Fredericksen arrested Jeremy Duquette, 33 of Spotsylvania, for an outstanding Assault and Battery warrant.
– On 2/26/17, Deputy Fredericksen arrested Zeze Hamilton, 38 for Malicious Wounding in the 5300 block of Jefferson Davis Highway.
– On 2/25/17, Deputy Jones arrested Dakota Flippo, 19 of Spotsylvania, for DUI and Possession of Alcohol, Under 21, in the area of Partlow Rd and Blockhouse Rd.
– On 2/25/17, Deputy Fleming arrested John Kube, 54 of Spotsylvania, for DUI, Hit and Run, and Open Container. The arrest occurred in the area of Plank Rd. and Gordon Rd.
– On 2/25/17, Deputy Munsee arrested Nathaniel Agnew, 42 of Fredericksburg, in the 10600 block of Courthouse Rd., for Drunk in Public and Possession with Intent to Distribute Marijuana.
– On 2/26/17, Deputy Setlock arrested Thomas Page, 40 of Caroline, for Trespassing and Possession of Marijuana in the 3200 block of Partlow Rd.
– On 2/20/17, Deputy Boyd arrested Shannon Wallace, 37 of Spotsylvania, for Drunk in Public, Trespassing and Obstruction of Justice.
– On 2/21/17, Deputy E. Brown arrested Christopher Lambert, 18 of Spotsylvania, on an outstanding Felony warrant for Eluding Police and a Misdemeanor warrant for False Report to Law Enforcement, from the Spotsylvania Sheriff’s Office.
– On 2/23/17, Sr. Deputy F. Payne arrested Curtis L. Conley, 43 of no fixed address, for Driving Revoked and three open Felony warrants. The arrest occurred in the 5300 block of Jefferson Davis Highway.
– On 2/23/17, Detective Mills arrested Monique Pulley, 36 of Spotsylvania on four counts of felony Child neglect in the 9800 block of Red Hill Road.
– On 2/24/17, 1st Sgt. Buta arrested Alma Buckley, 45 of Spotsylvania, for an open Capias warrant.
– On 2/24/17, Deputy Davies arrested Juanito Buckley, 49 of Spotsylvania, for an open Capias warrant.
– On 2/24/17, Deputy Staats arrested Leroy Washington, 33 of Spotsylvania, for Drunk in Public in Loriella Park.
– On 2/24/17, Sgt. Jeffries arrested Jeffrey Mckouze, 55 of Spotsylvania, for Drunk in Public.
– On 2/25/17, Deputy Hodges arrested Derrick Swinson, 42 of Staunton, on an open Capias warrant through Staunton.