LEONARDTOWN, MD. — Maryland State Police report that on Wednesday, August 13, 2014 at 9:46 pm, TFC S. Ditoto initiated a traffic stop on a blue truck at Route 5 and Lawrence Avenue for a minor traffic violation. Upon making contact with the driver, Ryan Christopher Miedzinski, 21, of Avenue, TFC Ditoto observed CDS in plain view. TFC Ditoto conducted a probable cause search, resulting in the recovery of more CDS and paraphernalia. Miedzinski was arrested and charged with CDS: Possess – Not Marijuana and CDS: Possess Paraphernalia. He was transported to the St. Mary’s County Detention Center and held pending a bond review with the District Court Commissioner.
Warrant Served by Maryland State Police Troopers
Dijon Matinique Matthews, 23, of Lusby, served on 8/12/2014 at 10:26 pm for Failure to Appear in Court
Joshua Alan Moore, 25, of Mechanicsville, served on 8/13/2014 at 1:57 pm for Failure to Appear for Sentencing Hearing
Jesse Marie Jameson, 23, of Lexington Park, served on 8/13/2014 at 2:45 pm for Failure to Appear in Court
Maryland State Police Leonardtown Barrack DUI Arrests
July 31 – August 13, 2014
Robert Stephen Dixon, Jr., 59, of Leonardtown on 8/4/14 by Tpr. C. M. Ruth
Benjamin James Joyce, 19, of California on 8/5/14 by S/Tpr. E. M. Evans
Daniel Corrie Roper, 41, of Lexington Park on 8/8/14 by Tpr. D. A. Coppedge
Michael Byard Shaw, 74, of Crofton on 8/9/14 by TFC D. G. Buckalew
Laura Anne Mangum, 47, of Leonardtown on 8/11/14 by Tpr. D. A. Coppedge
Ronald Douglas Meador III, 37, of Mechanicsville on 8/11/14 by TFC D. G. Buckalew
Todd Hanley Lewin, 48, of Georgia on 8/12/14 by TFC E. R. Mersman
Robert Jesse Hayden, 45, of Leonardtown on 8/12/14 by TFC S. M. Ditoto
DUI charge for Ronald Douglas Meador III is a repeat violation:
- Ronald Douglas Meador III, 37, of Mechanicsville on 8/11/14 at 5:10 pm by Maryland State Police TFC D. G. Buckalew was charged with DUI. He was also charged with driving while suspended and negligent driving when he was stopped in a 1996 Mercury on Rt. 5 south of Golden Beach Road in Charlotte Hall, Md.
- Meador was cited by a Maryland State trooper on Jan. 1, 2014 for driving while suspended and improper headlights while driving on Rt. 235 at Clover Hill Road in Mechanicsville, Md. On May 14, 2014 he was sentenced to probation before judgment, sentenced to ten days in jail with all ten days suspended and fined $92.50 with court costs of $22.50.
- Meador was charged with possession of drugs other than marijuana on July 2, 2014 by St. Mary’s Sheriff’s Deputy Thomas D. Seyfried. Trial date is set for Sept. 11, 2014. If convicted, this new charge will likely cause the terms of his previous probation before judgment in January to send him back to jail for ten days.
- Meador was charged with DUI on May 6, 2006 by at 12:38 am by St. Mary’s Sheriff’s Deputy Elizabeth O’Conner while operating on Rt. 5 south of Old Village Road. The charge was dropped by St. Mary’s County States Attorney Richard Fritz on Sept. 14, 2006.
- Meador was charged with DUI on July 2, 2006 at 4:35 am by a St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Deputy. On Sept. 14, 2006 he was sentenced to probation before judgment and sentenced to twenty days in jail with fifteen days of that sentence suspended. There was no fine ordered by the Judge but he was ordered to pay court costs of $22.50. A second charge of attempting to drive while impaired was dropped by St. Mary’s States Attorney Richard Fritz. Meador was represented by defense attorney David Densford.
- Meador was charged with driving while suspended on Rt. 5 at Flora Corner Road in Mechanicsville on May 16, 2010 at 2:40 am by St. Mary’s Sheriff’s Deputy Ken Flerlage. On August 20, 2010, the charge was dropped by St. Mary’s States Attorney Richard Fritz.
- Meador was charged with malicious destruction of property by St. Mary’s Sheriff’s Deputy Michael A. Labanowski on March 14, 2000. In St. Mary’s County District Court on August 17, 2000 he pleaded guilty but was found guilty and sentenced to 30 days in jail which was immediately suspended by the Judge. He was ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $140, was not fined and ordered to pay court costs of $55.
- Meador was charged by Maryland State Police Sgt. Gary Willis with possession of drugs on May 31, 1997 and in St. Mary’s County District Court on June 11, 1997 he was found guilty and fined $20.